Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Signature Style



I still remember, for about 3 weeks ago (if I'm not mistaken), I attend my college's beauty class. One word for this: HORRIBLE.

As we know, 'BEING GOOD-LOOKING' is a MUST if we talk about hospitality. So that's why, my college gave us this session and wish that we will dress better. 

And because this is a beauty class, so we are focusing on fashion, style, and so on.


I've learned make up since very long time ago and it's so naturally that I've found my own style to applying make up on my face. Thus, when I joined and followed this class, I felt little bit uncomfortable with the lesson.

I don't know if it's true or not, but the BC (I make it short) Teacher said that depends on hospitality's standardization, our make up should be visible and it means that it should be BOLD.

Crap! For Givenchy's shake, I hate bold make up. I hated it when I had to apply the foundation for twice! Seriously! The first layer was applying foundie that, I think, 2-3 shades darker than our skin tone. Teacher said this was the concealing step so that we can hide our dark circles, blemish, acne scars, and etc. Second, we applied the foundie that match with our skin tone.

Moved to drawing the face--step, we started to redefined our eyebrows, applying eyeshadows, mascara, blush, and lipstick. And this was the step that I hated THE MOST. Everything should be bold, bold, and bold.

Teacher taught us how to draw the eyebrows with eyebrows pencil that I think, it was better to be an eyeliner pencil because it was damn bold. And then moved to the eyeshadows, the concept was natural but teacher taught us to applied it as bold as we can. 
Finally the last step: applying eyeliner--mascara--blush--and lipstick. The end.

Phew!

Something FYI, I didn't follow the teacher when I applied the eyeshadow, AT ALL. I made it by my self. Why? 

Because I didn't want to break my signature style.

My signature style is natural make up, like kpop make up. Thin layered foundie, straight grayish/brownish eyebrows, eyeliner, and natural colors. Less but more. And bold make up is not my style at all. 

Maybe, teachers, friends, and especially, lecturers might say that female hotelier is beautiful with those kind of make up, but I'm sorry, I don't agree. 

Everyone has their own signature style and standardization of dressing/looking good. I, my self, maybe I can compromise with that visible lipstick but the rest, I'm sorry, I can't.

I want to feel comfortable and happy with my own make up, 


NOT LIKE THIS


Rina (left) and Me (right)



BUT LIKE THIS




Do not ever try asking me to change my signature style!


-C-

No comments:

Post a Comment